Auteur Sujet: clutch slave (everyone's favorite subject!)  (Lu 6752 fois)

JP_86_2M4

clutch slave (everyone's favorite subject!)
« le: Mars 10, 2007, 22:55:09 pm »
good evening Montreal team,

Its J-P from Aylmer and I'm at my wits end trying to figure this clutch problem.  Here is what I've done so far.

The GM OEM was leaking from the bleeder area and it was fairly obvious as there was liquid in the area so I didn't take any chances and ordered a new one.  I called GM and they have the replacement at this amazing low price of 292$..  ::)  So I called the fiero store to order theirs for $49US.  :D 
So I get the part installed after almost stripping the line fitting and got it bled so all is fine.  The car stays in the garage for a few days and the next time I take it out I notice the clutch is slightly harder to shift but still managable.  The next day the slave cylinder seal breaks so I'm back to square one.  I call the store up and they gladly send me another one and only make me pay the shipping and I got to keep the dead one...yay.  So here I am again trying to bleed this slave and it simply isnt working.  Here is what I've done for process.

1) fill up the master.  press the pedal.
2) open bleeder to let fluid/air, close bleeder.
3) release pedal.  check master level.  repeat until pedal feels hard.
4) after the pedal feels hard or at 1/2" movement I start to bleed the slave.
5) I remove the bleeder, push in the rod all the way in and put back the bleeder.

So the clutch "should" be in working order after having done all this but if I remove the bleeder after I've done all this there is still air bubbles getting out.  So I wait until it stops put back the screw and you would think the air would be gone.  noooooooo!!  >:(
The pedal is still very soft and gradually gets harder with a spongy feel to it after 4-5 pushes.  I've also noticed very small air bubbles sitting on top of the master after doing this.  There still seems to be a small leak at the bleeder at the rim (liquid seeps out on the treads) but its very minimal.

Could this be yet another bad slave or am I doing something wrong?
I was also wondering if the GM part could be reused as the cylinder seal didnt break but unsure of how to fix the possible bleeder leakage.

thanks for any help on the issue.
J-P

Krauser

Re : clutch slave (everyone's favorite subject!)
« Réponse #1 le: Mars 11, 2007, 00:27:01 am »
i have the same problem..... my master and my slave are brand new.... i bled like its told on V8 archie but it didnt want to work well....  I tried to bleed the system with pressure..... you apply pressure with a pump in the reservoir and you bleed with the pressure(you do it a couple of time, apply pressure, bleed, apply pressure, bleed) and it worked for me..........

Walblue

Re : clutch slave (everyone's favorite subject!)
« Réponse #2 le: Avril 10, 2007, 15:49:21 pm »
Hi J-p,
Don't know if you got it but the easiest way I found to blead the clutch is to lift the front of the car about 12inches,open the bleeder,
-put a hose on the bleeder into a container if you don't want the fluid to run on the ground
-with somebody filling the master watch the bleeder hose until you do not see bubbles.(it shoud be a fast flow).
-close bleeder,top up to the mark and its done.

I have been there b4 and this process worked the first time for me

Hope ths help

Larry