Auteur Sujet: We would love to join the club and come up and visit  (Lu 4375 fois)

Fiero5

• Our Fiero Fleet
We would love to join the club and come up and visit
« le: Août 02, 2005, 00:17:32 am »
Hi.
My name is Steve Kelley and my fiance' is Alayne Plas. We were up in Montreal over this past weekend July 29 and 30th and noticed a bunch of Fieros on our way to Montreal and met Benoit and Roxan. We had a great time visiting with them and would love to get together on a more official Fiero get together, not to mention meet up in a Fiero thisa time. We had the Mitsu Eclipse on the trip :'(   I knew we should have taken the Bengal Tiger Fiero  LOL
As we are litterally only a few hours away in the states in West Lebanon New Hampshire in the U.S., we would love to meet up with your club at an up and coming meeting and/or event or two. We have driven to Massachusettes, Connecticut and Rhode Island to name a few states for meetings and shows and some of those trips have taken 3 or 4 hours or more one way to get to for us, so going a few hours or so up I-89 and accross the border to Montreal to meet up with some great canadian Fiero lovers would not be out of the ordinary or a problem at all for us   :)

If a couple of U.S. Fiero lovers would be welcome, then we would be more than happy to join your club, and would love to meet up with you all at an upcoming meet in a few of our Fieros to join the fun with the rest of you up there  ;)

Edited to add: Yes, we are from New Hampshire. Just a few hours away :)

Here is a link to a thread on Pennocks about our trip:
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053622.html

Let us know

Steve & Alayne
http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5
« Modifié: Août 03, 2005, 10:57:46 am par Fiero5 »

fiero_blues

• Membre club Fieromontreal
Re: We would love to join the club and come up and visit
« Réponse #1 le: Août 02, 2005, 13:49:00 pm »
 :o wow ! You guys are true Fiero Lovers.... I can tell.
Bravo ! Nice to know that I am not the only one sharing that passion ( so does anyone here ).
Very soon I will post my Fiero's pictures here. A nice Black 86 GT.  No doubt in my mind you know all the ways to fix little bugs and bigger bugs on Fieros.
There will be a time where we will meet for sure ! ;D

Billy

Billy

carlo

• Invité
« Réponse #2 le: Août 02, 2005, 19:17:24 pm »
hi well, welcome and feel free to join us everytime,it would be great to have someone from the U.S. joining us, cant wait to see you guy at the next meeting

Gt86

« Réponse #3 le: Août 03, 2005, 09:32:07 am »
You are welcome to join us at the next meeting.
BTW where are you from???????

Pierre

fiero_blues

« Réponse #4 le: Août 03, 2005, 10:45:23 am »
Hi Gt86 ( Pierre ). From what I could read on Steve's web site , they are from New Hapshire.   ;D ;)
Billy

Fiero5

• Our Fiero Fleet
« Réponse #5 le: Août 04, 2005, 01:48:29 am »
OK, we are very very interested in seeing if we can make it to this big car show in Aylmer that it sounds like a lot of you are going to go to this weekend.
Sadly we would probably only be able to go if we had a place to stay over at Friday night so we could leave early Saturday morning and follow some of you to the show. Roxan said she and Benoit were planning on leaving around 5 am Saturday.
If anyone might have a place we could stay over at least for Friday night please let us know. We would be very greatfull.

Thanks

Steve & Alayne

fiero_blues

« Réponse #6 le: Août 04, 2005, 09:56:49 am »
Hi Steve

Just for your Information the Aylmer car show is Sunday not Saturday. Maybe this information would help you in your travel time.
If you planned to expose your car to the show there is probably a big chance that you won't be able to ..since we were allowed for a limited QTY of spots for Fieros. Actually we had 10 spots allocated and from what I heard they are all taken.

I hope this information will be helpfull to you  ;)

Billy
Billy

Fiero5

• Our Fiero Fleet
« Réponse #7 le: Août 04, 2005, 10:41:03 am »
Ok thanks, don't know why I thought it was Saturday  ???
Anyway, the reason we would like to stay over is so we wouldn't have to leave 2 hours even earlier in the morning just to get up to Canada to meet up with those leaving very early before then cruising more hours to the show.
Wow, I never heard of a car show limiting cars that would like to participate, unless there was a limited space problem or something. Is there maybe someone I could call and see if they would allow just a couple more Fieros?
We certainly do not want to mess up anything for those already scheduled to go so if this might cause a problem we can always just catch up with some of you at a different show that would work better.

Steve

Fiero5

• Our Fiero Fleet
« Réponse #8 le: Août 04, 2005, 13:46:53 pm »
OK, I just received an e-mail from Roxan who says that the show will allow as many Fieros as want to show up, as the 10 Fieros was just researved to hold a spot again for the Fiero class for next year. It looks like we will cruise up Saturday evening in time to meet up with Benoit and Roxan to head out at 6pm to go up and stay in a motel for Sunday near the show.
It was also pointed out that it would be cool if I could bring my Indy Pace Car. Sadly I had not registered or inspected it yet for this year. However I called and the local garage that always inspects our Fieros was willing to sneak me in for an inspection for my Indy tomorrow afternoon at 4pm. Thats good! Whats bad is that I am totally broke until tomorrow when I can cash my paycheck that I got today in the mail. I work for a High School and this is how they do it over the summer break for hours I work there during the summer. BUT it is dated for 8-5, tomorrow - Friday. The local town office that I need to register the Indy at first before I can get it inspected is only open Monday thru Thursdays, so I cannot register it tomorrow after I cash my check on Friday. I have to do it sometime before 4pm today in a little over 2 hours from now.
Possible good news is that many banks switch over to the next business days date after 3pm that day so I might be able to go and get the bank to cash my check TODAY after 3pm, then drive to the town office that is 30 minutes away before they close at 4pm (hoping that they don't close a bit early as they are known to do) and register the Indy... and then hope that the Indy passes the inspection tomorrow with out any last minute needs that we might not be able to fix quickly enough. It should pass as I haven't taken it anywhere much other than a few local shows/events and maybe on a local car club cruise once in a great while.
Anyway...wish us luck and we hope we can work this all out so we can take the Indy, Either way we should be able to bring one of our Fieros, worst case either the Bengal Tiger Fiero or the lime green Fast & Furious Fiero. and meet you all on Sunday at the Aylmer show  :)

Steve & Alayne
« Modifié: Août 04, 2005, 14:31:35 pm par Fiero5 »

egirard

« Réponse #9 le: Août 04, 2005, 15:56:45 pm »
SUPER !!!! ;D

see you at the show.

Eric

Fiero 85SE V6 noir (en souvenir: acheté en 1989 et démonté en 2009)
Fiero 88GT rouge

Fiero5

• Our Fiero Fleet
« Réponse #10 le: Août 04, 2005, 17:53:00 pm »
Ok, an update. We just got back from a nightmare of trying to get the Indy registered. So we head out to the bank at 3pm and wait in line and then when I get up to the clerk she tells me that they no longer do the change over to the next day at 3pm anymore so we can't cash the check today at all. So we decide to go to the town office anyway and write a check as I can easily cash the check with no problem anytime tomorrow and there is no way the town office will deposit the check and the bank clearing it in a less than 24 hours. So we move on.  Since I moved from one town to another last November, when we got to the town office I used to live in and do this all the time and the lady there says that I have to go now to the town office at the new town I now I live in. Now I still own a home in the old town so I was shocked to hear this. Not having time to argue as remember we are running a very tight schedule to get to these places before they all close. So we blast out of there and head back to the other town office trying to catch them before they close. We get up to the window and they look at the paperwork and we explain what we just went thru and she says no problem...all I have to do is show them some records and documents that prove that I own a home and have a residence in the town. Of course I don't have anything like that on me and there is no time left to run home and get it and get back in time. However my Fiance' was allowed to fill out some obscure form I had never heard of before that they could use to show I am a resident. Very wierd but at that point I was thinking, hey whatever works you know. So then we go to pay, but we can only pay for "some" of the registeration, but not all because it has been more than 60 days since my registeration was due and so they can't just give me the stickers to put on my vanity plates. They say I have to go the DMV to get that part now so they can verify that my "Indy-1" plate is still good for me. It is now just about 4 pm and the clerk at the town office says that the DMV closes at 4:15pm. The DMV is just however down the street so off we go again. We get there pretty quickly with still 10 minutes to spare and their is only one guy in there and he is already at the window. So I am thinking this is great, how long can one guy take? Well, I will tell you...this one guy in line ahead of us was doing 8 registrations all at once and they still have 5 to go. Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, ...finally they are done and it is now 4:25, so well past the closing time of 4:15pm.  Luckily she was nice and she took me anyway and it went real quick so we now have the Indy Fiero registered. YAY!! Now we have to hope it passes inspection tomorrow.  The saga continues....  LOL
« Modifié: Août 04, 2005, 18:07:47 pm par Fiero5 »

Fiero5

• Our Fiero Fleet
« Réponse #11 le: Août 05, 2005, 22:40:55 pm »
I guess some of you may be wondering how it went trying to get my Indy inspected this afternoon.
Before I headed out I quickly checked to make sure all of the side markers/bulbs and so forth worked ok. It's a good thing I did as one rear passenger side marker light did not work. The bulb was ok, but the little socket that the bulb sits in was corroded. I took a small emery board and finally got the bulb to work. When I got to the inspection station everything went fine...until...they asked me to honk the horn. I hit the horn button...and nothing. I popped off the horn button and noticed that the little spring and plastic tube was missing. Hmmm, must have borrowed it awhile back for another Fiero. Sigh..no problem, my Dad lives a few minuites away from the inmspection station and with lots of Fieros at his place as well...
Anyway, he arrived in time as the the guy was just finishing up checking out the Indy and giving it a thiumbs up except for waiting for us to get the horn to work. We also had by that time a bunch of garage workers and a few customers who were checking out the Indy and watching the pace lights blink. While this was going on my Dad popped in the spring mech and popped the horn button back on and...pushed the horn button and....nothing. Sigh... So I am thinking maybe, blown fuse, but my Dad slides under the nose and looks at the horn itself and quickly noticed that one wire to the horn itself was off. He popped it back on and we hit the horn button and...HONK!! Well, you know how bad/weak the '84 Fiero horn sounds..but it worked!
That was at 4:30pm. At 6pm there was an event about 30 minutes away in another town here in New Hampshire called Canaan. It was there old home days event this evening and it included a car cruise from 6 to 8. So here is the 3 Fieros we took:
My Dad Russell took his '87 Blue GT:

I drove my Tiger Fiero:

And as you probably already noticed in the above picture showing my Bengal Tiger Fiero, my Fiance' Alayne drove...my now legally inspected Indy:

Here are a few more pics from this evening:

Steve

Fiero5

• Our Fiero Fleet
« Réponse #12 le: Août 08, 2005, 20:21:23 pm »
In case anyone missed it:
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053753.html

Thanks again everyone and enjoy :)

Steve