Auteur Sujet: brake upgrade in progress  (Lu 2104 fois)

fiero_fighter

brake upgrade in progress
« le: Avril 06, 2011, 09:40:31 am »
My brakes are finished, and I doubt were ever able to stop a 3800 powered fiero.  I would get one hard stop before the brakes faded out.

since there are way too many places to see this mod, i'll keep it simple and just list the prices and how well it works.

I ordered 4 Grand am calipers/ pad sets, 96 s10 booster, 93(2WD) master and braided lines.

everything except the braided lines came from summit for a total of 327$ including core and shipping(I have a friends US address) + 42$ duty paid
these same parts priced at local parts stores came in at 650$ and up.

The braided lines came from an ebay seller in ontario(coastguard1975) for 55$ + 12$ shipping

so the total for this mod was 436$ + machine shop cost TBD
I dont mind the loss of the parking brake(automatic car), if an inspection is necessary I can always throw the stock rear brakes back on.

work should be complete in the next week, waiting on the machine shop to cut down the front rotors now.

so far the hardest part of the conversion is the removal of the original brake lines at the rigid to flex point.  working on that today, heat and lube will work I hope.

Mirriador

• Membre club Fieromontreal
Re : brake upgrade in progress
« Réponse #1 le: Avril 06, 2011, 21:42:03 pm »
don't forget to put some picture of your mod on the thread
GT 1986 T-Top fastback
sport coupe 1986 notchback

pmbrunelle

« Réponse #2 le: Avril 07, 2011, 00:03:01 am »
Heat and liquid wrench.

There is a model of Vise-Grip that is good for turning flare nuts without making them round, even better than flare wrenches.
SE 1985 blanche; projet sans fin!

egirard

« Réponse #3 le: Avril 07, 2011, 09:48:11 am »
Hi,

This is the best tool for that !!

Eric

Fiero 85SE V6 noir (en souvenir: acheté en 1989 et démonté en 2009)
Fiero 88GT rouge